Monday, March 2, 2009

More Electric

The electricians came today! They started rewiring this morning but it took most of the early hours just figuring out what was jury rigged over the years. Much worse than what Mike (the electrician) originally thought. I stopped by at lunch today to see how things were going, He was telling me that some outlets in different rooms were all wired together and that for 6 rooms they are all on 2, 15 amp circuit breakers. One outlet is on one breaker, and in the same room another outlet is another breaker. Which makes sense now.
When I was redoing the bedroom I was blowing a breaker all the time with the shop vac plugged into one room and the shop lights in another. At the time I didn't spend allot of brain cells thinking about it, I was just trying to get the room finished.
For the moment, I have extension cords running across the floors from the kitchen so I can have lights plugged in. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be all done.

No comments: