Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day! Tuesday

Went and voted today, Had immense sense of pride after I left thinking there are very few countries in the world that allow their citizens to vote. Not only that but being the most powerful country in the world we get to vote! Isn't that just a cool thought! With one stroke of a sharpie magic marker we get to fill in a little circle and potentially change the course of the world!

Spent a couple hours again on the room today. All I really did was paint the crown molding and pull up the paper from the floor, and vacuum.

I have to say that after all the furniture that I redone in my lifetime, the walls in this room turned out great! no bubbles, bumps, or roughness. The poly went on great, settled and dried well. There are a couple of runs here and there but nothing that is glaringly apparent. All the wood is smooth and looks pretty tough. I used about a gallon of the Minwax Polycrylic (water based) and sanded with a 3M foam sand block that I picked up (kinda like a sponge with sandpaper adhered to the outside). This was the first time I used one in a refinishing project and I am happy with the results. I only put two coats of the Polycrylic on just for expediency sake and probally should do another but maybe in the next rehab.

Wednesdays punch list:
Strip and redo all the baseboards, door and window casings.