Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday

Well I just couldn't take the "pumpkin" look anymore. I showed a few folks at work the color I painted last night and they said "just leave it, it will grow on you" well I came home tonight, took a piece of trim that I had stripped and refinished and laid it against the wall to get a feel for what it would look like side by side. I stood there in the frontroom and looked, went and stood on the front porch and looked through the window, stood out in the side yard and looked through the east windows, I looked, I looked and looked some more. About 20 minutes in all, it just wasn't doing it for me. I like the color alot, it isn't made for this room. So off I went to to Menards and bought another gallon of paint and this color is called "Amber Stone". It is hard to tell from the pictures but it is like a dark wheat color vice the "pumpkin patch" color I had before. I think I might use the pumpkin patch somewhere else in the house later on.

So below is the before, after and after pictures.









Here is a picture of the two colors side by side, pretty big difference

and here is the Amber Stone with the the trim laying next to the door, personally I like it and that is all that matters.




No comments: