Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday

Took a vacation day today and started on the kitchen. What a mess.
I did get all the cabinets out and a few other things prepped and tore out also. The cabinets? horrible, I mean just nasty, dirty, and just.....nasty. I really don't have any more adjectives that come to mind other than the above. Behind and underneath was dirt, old tooth pics, dirt, broken plaster, and dirt. Did I mention dirt. Fine black dirt. The only thing that I can figure, is that when there was an old cook stove, and probably an old coal stove, is what all the fine black dirt I was seeing and breathing..soot! But anyway I got it all out. My sinuses are killing me.





I did sand and prime a good number of panels and started to layout the ceiling with getting 4 of the panels up on the ceiling before calling it quits for the night. The picture below is just some of the panels primed in the basement.
I finalized my cabinets and ordered them today, but it will be 2 weeks before they show. Overall things are coming together. A bit slowly for my internal timeline but physically I can only do so much.
Almost forgot, I did buy a stove the other night. I caught a sale at Sears and got a pretty good deal on a GE stainless model. Still absolutely blows me away the money they are getting for these things. Actually it kind of pisses me off, but I have dealt with it and moved on. I have bought 2 other homes in my past and never had to buy appliances, they always just came with the house. So I never really considered the cost until this time around.
Sorry to rail again about appliances.

No comments: