Saturday, January 17, 2009

Playing in cement

I took a drive down to my nearest Lowes, an hour away. I had to get out of the house and wanted to see what they had in the store, I wish I had about $10,000 and a truck. Of course if I spent that much money, I would hope that they deliver for free. They had about 3 times the selcetion of my local Menards and Home Depot combined. The appliance section was really neat.
I slathered more hydraulic cement on the walls in the basement this morning since the ground is good and frozen and the water was not flowing. Bam! slapped that stuff right on there and got that flowing water stopped good! But being as though I have taken the role of the little dutch boy, I am sure there will be other palces that the water will push through.
Really for a 100 yr old house there isn't much leakage.
After purusing Lowes today, I got some good ideas for the laundry room. Now it will go on the "list". Christopher over at http://shakerheights.blogspot.com/ talks about his 5, 10, 20 and 40 year plan for his house. I think the laundry room will go on my 40 yr plan unless I win the lotto. But wait, you have to buy a ticket in order to win. So doing the quick math, in 40 yrs, I will be 83 with with a cool laundry room.

No comments: