Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My first!!!

Well I have my first official follower!!! Thanks Christopher! I can't wait to dive into your blog and read about your trials and tribulations on this thing we call restoration, or insanity. Here is is blog site http://shakerheights.blogspot.com/

I am watching one of my favorite movies this afternoon, the Hunt For Red October. I remember reading the book when I was in the Navy. I spent 10 years hunting Soviet submarines sitting in the back of a P-3 Orion aircraft (about 3200 hours worth) playing chess with Soviet submariners and honestly we kicked their asses all over the Pacific ocean from the time they left the motherland until they went home for good and the wall came down. I miss my crews I flew with, but not the bullshit we had to do when we weren't flying. Oh well, again from the heart and to the guys that are still on station and never came home for a post flight and a debriefing it was an honor to serve with you and you are the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice doing what you did best and loved. Sorry for being sentimental and mushy.

Ok! onto the house.I reinstalled the door jamb and baseboards this afternoon. The following 3 pictures are of the process and final install. I had a hell of a time nailing the door jamb back up. The nails kept hitting "something" and bending over. I screwed the pooch on a few of the nails and messed the wood up...some. Maybe when I get a door installed they (the nails)won't be noticeable.


The last picture is of the room in the basement that I am going to make into the laundry room.



I was going to (one day) get some stackable washers and put them in a closet off the bathroom, but have since decided that I am going to take the closet out and add that extra 4' to the bathroom and open it up a bit. The gain is in the interior (with-in the confines of the existing walls) length of the room vice width. I dunno, I will probably change my mind again in a few weeks.

No comments: