Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm a slacker

Sorry I just have not kept up with the blog as much as I should. This is not an excuse but just been doing other things and not to much of it has been house related.
Anyway the roof is done, looks good to. I just hope I get more than 10 years out of the damn thing.

So does anyone remember Delta Force with Chuck Norris? Is there anything that guy can't do?
Here is the premise, some Arabs are high jacking an airliner out of Greece. An Arab looking guy with long hair and a beard shows up late for the flight and causes a ruckus (go figure?) two other Arab's that made it aboard are wearing nice suits, white ties, white belts, white shoes, red shirts, and big aviator mirrored sunglasses. Now this was way before profiling was not PC, you think someone would have caught on to this earlier in the movie. There is an airplane full of Jews and these guys are dressed in bad suits, a setup for a really bad movie right?

We have George Kennedy (as a priest) and Shelly Winters (with a chicken leg in her mouth), Lee Marvin and of course Chuck!

So one of the first scenes is the terrorist pulls a pin from a hand grenade with his mouth, he hollers to have the cockpit door opened, the door is thrown open and it hits the guy in the face and knocks the pin out of his mouth! (I can't make this shit up!)
Well I am not going to ruin the rest of the movie for you, but you can just imagine the high kicks and karate chops, Chuck dodging bullets etc.


Back to the house.
I installed the water softener last night, and with every damn plumbing project I always make multiple runs to the home improvement store. First to get the basic parts, then after I take the water filter off I noticed that the O ring some how got distorted and I had to run back and find some replacements. I had water flying everywhere until I figured that little fiasco out.
It has taken a week but I can tell you that it has made a difference in washing clothes, dishes, and clean up around the sinks and tub. The build up is gone or going.
Also, Beth calls me up and she tells me she found another deal at Home Depot, a $1000 GE dishwasher marked down to $265. The old Maytag was still doing its thing but was so full of lime from the hard water it just wasn't really getting the dishes clean. So replaced the dishwasher.



Did some work on the neighbors house yesterday and today. She needed some repainting around some windows. Well as with any of my projects it turned out to be longer than I thought. I just cant do a half-assed job and walk away. Got her windows scraped and primed though. The "it took longer than I thought" is because the windows are on the second story and there is no way to get to them from a ladder easily or from the roof. So I kind of hung out the windows and did what I could and the rest from the ladder, doing a reach thing.

No comments: